Skip to main content

WIFE SHARES WHAT ENERGY DRINKS DID TO HER HUSBAND’S BRAIN.



This is a cautionary tale, not one to make you afraid but one to make you aware. It’s highly unfortunate that an experience such as this that happened to Brianna, but it will now be used as an example to showcase to the world: the harmful effects that energy drinks have on our whole body. I urge all readers to take into consideration, more so than ever, what happens to your body and potentially your family when you continue to choose to neglect your body.

Most people who live in western society are expected to, and often times have no choice but to work Monday-Friday 9-5, just to make ends meet in order to support their families. Humans have been finding difficulty meeting the demands that their workplace expects from them. Long commutes to work usually make a person feel tired, depressed, and even anxious, and with mental illness on the rise, it’s truly no surprise that people resort to external substances to keep them alert and on the go.

These substances can come in many forms like coffee or energy drinks, for example. A study by the World Health Organization has warned children and teenagers who drink sugar and caffeine-laden energy drinks are at risk of ‘potentially harmful adverse and developmental effects’ – especially daily.

These are some of the health concerns listed by the National Institute of Health:


  • Large amounts of caffeine may cause serious heart and blood vessel problems such as heart rhythm disturbances and increases in heart rate and blood pressure. Caffeine also may harm children’s still-developing cardiovascular and nervous systems.
  • Caffeine use may be associated with palpitations, anxiety, sleep problems, digestive problems, elevated blood pressure, and dehydration.
  • Guarana, commonly added to energy drinks, contains caffeine. Therefore, the addition of guarana increases the drink’s total caffeine content.


  • Young adults who combine caffeinated drinks with alcohol may not be able to tell how intoxicated they are.Excessive energy drink consumption may disrupt teens’ sleep patterns and may fuel risk-taking behavior.
  • Many energy drinks contain as much as 25–50 g of simple sugars; this may be problematic for people who are diabetic or prediabetic.




Below is the story of Brianna, as told in her own words, of how her and her husband’s lives changed just weeks before giving birth to their first child. They chose to have their daily struggles documented by Sara Endres, in a series of beautiful portraits.


Hello, my name is Brianna, and this is my story…

Love is not the little things. It is not the phone calls, the dates, or even the memories. Love is knowing you would sacrifice things that you didn’t even know you could sacrifice. Love is selfless.

Have you ever felt your life shake? Have you ever been hit with so much emotional turmoil to the point where everything around you becomes fuzzy and shaken? Your lungs feel tight and for a brief second you can’t do anything. You are unable to move, unable to think, unable to even react. I have. I experienced something I never thought I would experience…all while nine months pregnant with my first child.

Being pregnant is supposed to be one of the most amazing journeys you will ever embark on. You’re creating a new life. You are experiencing unconditional love for someone you have not even met.

Austin and I were so excited to meet our little boy. To bring him home. To be a family.

I never imagined as I went to sleep that night that my whole world would be shattered within hours.

I still remember my mother in law waking me up that morning. ‘Austin had an accident,’ she said.




All I knew was that my husband was in the hospital. The worst part? I didn’t know why.

After a two hour drive to the hospital, I learned that my husband, the father of my child, the person I am so deeply in love with, had had a brain hemorrhage. Why? The doctors concluded (after running his tox screen and ruling out drugs) that this horrible event was due to his recent excessive energy drink consumption (a habit he had built when he started working longer hours and commuting).

Surgery was already in motion… and after an agonizing 5 hour wait, we got to see him. But while everyone was focused on the almost unrecognizable face hooked up to all sorts of machines and tubes, all I could see was his parents. I saw the light leave his mother’s eyes as she saw her motionless son laying in that hospital bed. I saw his father break down crying as he held onto his wife.




They didn’t know if the life they created together would even wake up.

Watching this family — my new family, who I have grown to love and be a part of, be so shattered and broken…that is the worst feeling I have ever felt.

The next day was round two of brain surgery. Following this were strokes, seizures, swelling, and more things we weren’t prepared for.

There was a moment, sitting by his hospital bed, just praying he would be okay, that I knew I would never give up on him. No matter how messy our life would become. I was going to be by his side through all of it.

After two weeks of living in a hospital, wondering if he would survive or be taken from us, we made our way back home.

The time had come for me to deliver our baby.

I’m not going to lie to anyone, it was so hard. I had planned on Austin being a part of this huge moment. Being by my side. Holding my hand. Being there to cut the cord. Being there to welcome our son into the world. It didn’t feel right…

But a beautiful miracle happened as I delivered our son. Austin woke up. I went about a week without seeing him. I thought about him every day. I cried as I looked at my child who looked just like his daddy.

When the baby was only a week old, I left him with my in-laws.



I knew I needed to see Austin. I needed to tell him that our baby was here. To tell him how much we needed him.

Weeks went by. We chased him all over the state as more operations and procedures were ordered. I saw him every chance I got.

At a little over 2 months old, our son finally met his dad. A day I wasn’t sure I would ever see. That was the day that my heart gained some of its happiness back.

Some time after that he could finally come home to me. Our life isn’t normal. There are doctors visits and hospital trips — so many that I lose count.




But we are here. Fighting.

I wake up every day to take care of our beautiful little boy and my husband. I prepare the meals, do physical therapy, speech therapy, and occupational therapy. I help him with personal hygiene. I help him walk. I help him with every aspect of his life.

And in between these tasks I take care of our very busy eight month old. It is hard, and I am tired, but we make the most of it.




He isn’t the same man I fell in love with, but I still fall further everyday. We are fighting to help him recover. To make his life better. One day we will get there.

Until then, I will never give up on him. Because love is selfless, and I love him more than life itself.







SOURCE:
collective-evolution.com

Comments

POPULAR NEWS FROM THIS SITE:

CUBA CLAIMS CANADIAN PRIME MINISTER IS FIDEL CASTRO'S SON.

The suicide note left by Fidel Castro’s eldest son has rocked the Cuban nation this week, with the most astonishing revelation being the claim that Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau was his half-brother and the son of the late Fidel Castro. The handwritten note left by Fidel Castro Diaz-Balart, 68, the eldest of Fidel Castro’s children, appears to confirm the longstanding rumor in Cuba that Fidel Castro fathered Justin Trudeau after a public tryst with Margaret Trudeau in 1970. “ Castro Diaz-Balart, who had been attended by a group of doctors for several months due to a state of profound depression, committed suicide this morning ,”  Cubadebate website reported. The death of the high-profile government nuclear scientist, also known as “Fidelito”, or Little Fidel, because of how much he looked like his father, stunned the nation, however it is his “ explosive ” suicide note that has set tongues wagging in Havana. Amid a wide-ranging barrage of compl...

NAMIBIA VOWS TO GRAB FARMS FROM WHITE FARMERS.

Okahandja, NAMIBIA: Vibrant rows of neatly lined plants grow on a patch once trampled by the cattle of a large commercial farm run by a family of German descent in Namibia. From that 2,400 square-meter rectangle of sand in the northern Otjozondjupa region, Kornelius Hamasab, 69, now produces spinach, onions and tomatoes. Hamasab is among the 16 percent of black Namibians owning arable land in the semi-desert southwest African nation. White Namibians, who are descended from former colonizers Germany and South Africa and make up six percent of the population, own 70 percent of the land. "It doesn't seem right to me,"  said Hamasab, who acquired his land as compensation five years after the farm downsized into a guesthouse in 2000 and laid off its staff. "The government should do something about it,"  he added, while his family picked and rinsed collared greens to be sold in the capital Windhoek, 150 kilometers away. Namibia adopted ...

A MODEL SOLD HER VIRGINITY FOR $3 MILLION TO THE ARABIAN BILLIONAIRE.

A model claims she has auctioned her virginity for nearly $3million (£2.2million) - and says it is a 'dream come true' for her. Giselle, 19, who is based in the US, says she decided to sell her virginity through the notorious German-based website Cinderella Escorts. The agency claims the highest bidder was a businessman from Abu Dhabi, with a bid of 2.5m Euros ($2.9m/£2.2m), while a Hollywood actor was said to have made the second highest bid of 2.4m Euros ($2.8m/£2.1m).  Giselle says she will use the money to pay for her college fees, buy a new house, and go traveling around the world. Watch the Video below: The model said: 'I am happy to have decided to sell my virginity through Cinderella Escorts.  'I would never have dreamt that the bid would rise so high and we would have reached 2.5million Euros. This is a dream come true.' Giselle said she was 'shocked' by the outrage against women selling her virginity, describing it as...

KING MSWATI III 8TH WIFE COMMITS SUICIDE FOLLOWING 'ABUSE'.

Senteni Masango, the eighth wife of the last absolute monarch in Africa has committed suicide. She was found dead early on Friday morning. Masango took over 40 amytriptyline capsules which resulted in a fatal overdose, the drug is also known as Elavil and is used in the treatment of a number mental illnesses, including major depressive disorder and lack of attention disorder. Her suicide comes less than a week after the burial of her sister Nombuso Masango. The king allegedly forbade Masango from attending her sister's burial and memorial. For the past three years, she has lived alone in a big mansion without a single visit from the king. In September last year, the king unveiled his new bride, 19-year-old Siphelele Mashwama. She is the daughter of Jabulile Mashwama, a Swaziland Cabinet minister.  Mashwama became the king's 14th wife although there are some reports that he has 15 wives.  King Mswati’ birth name is Makhosetive Dlamini, which means "ki...

BRAZIL PRESIDENT CLAIMS THAT LEONARDO DiCAPRIO PAID TO TORCH THE AMAZON FORESTS.

Rio de Jeneiro, BRAZIL: Brazil’s president has accused the actor and environmentalist Leonardo DiCaprio  of bankrolling the deliberate incineration of the Amazon rainforest.   President Jair Bolsonaro during a rally in Curitiba, Brazil, on 29 March. Image:Reuters. Jair Bolsonaro – a populist nationalist who has vowed to drive environmental NGOs from Brazil – made the claim on Friday, reportedly telling supporters:  “This Leonardo DiCaprio’s a cool guy, isn’t he? Giving money for the Amazon to be torched.” The spurious accusation – for which Brazil’s president offered no proof – came 24 hours after Bolsonaro made a similarly unsubstantiated claim in a Facebook live broadcast. “Leonardo DiCaprio, dammit, you’re collaborating with the burning of the Amazon,”  Bolsonaro declared, accusing the actor of being part of an international “campaign against Brazil”. Bolsonaro’s unsubstantiated allegations relate to the controversial arrest on Tuesda...

RWANDA PRESIDENT KAGAME APPOINTMENTS WORLD YOUNGEST MINISTER(19-YEARS OLD).

Kigali, RWANDA: Rwandan President Paul Kagame has just appointed a 19-year-old boy as Minister. Patrick Nkuriza, 19, appointed Minister of New Technologies and Development of Rwanda by President Paul Kagame on Sunday. The Rwandan President who has always insisted on competence, nothing but competence, did not hesitate to materialize his famous saying which says:  “ to well-born souls, value does not wait for the number of years”,  by naming this young boy. Patrick, is prodigy who experienced a dramatic rise to the point of getting the baccalaureate at 14 and obtaining a PhD in digital communication engineer afterwards. Patrick is a real gifted person who has developed several applications which allow his country to make its activities very efficient in many economic fields.   It is therefore right that he is appointed minister in his field. Patrick, who lives with his parents and goes to work accompanied by his father in his car escorted home.  Also, it is her mother who washes her cl...

ISRAEL DEFENSE MINISTER WANTS TO RECRUIT MOHAMED SALAH IN ISRAEL ARMY.

Egyptian soccer superstar Mohamed Salah’s devastating performance for Liverpool in the Champions League has brought him an unexpected fan — the Israeli defense minister. Avigdor Lieberman born on 5 July 1958, is a Soviet-born Israeli politician who serves as the Defense Minister of Israel .  Image: JPOST. “I will be calling the chief of staff immediately to tell him to hire Mohamed Salah to the Israeli army,”  Israel Defense Minister Avigdor Liberman wrote on Twitter after Salah inspired Liverpool to a 5-2 victory over Roma in the first leg of the Champions League semi final. MK Ahmad Tibi, of the Joint (Arab) List, was also watching the match. Ahmad Tibi born on19 December 1958 is an Arab - Muslim Israeli politician and leader of the Arab Movement for Change (Ta'al), an Arab party in Israel. He has served as a member of the Knesset(Israel Parliament) since 1999, and currently serves as the Deputy Speaker of the Knesset, representing the Arab Israeli...

CANADA BEGS ONE MILLION IMMIGRANTS FROM KENYA.

Ottawa, CANADA : The Prime Minister of Canada, Justin Trudeau, has pleaded without Kenya’s President Uhuru Kenyatta, to allow one million Kenyans enter Canada under a new Employment and Migration Programme designed for immigrants. According to Trudeau, immigrants from Kenya have been a strong force in Canada’s growth in all sectors of its economy. “We can’t undermine or overlook the contribution of immigrants in Canada’s development especially our brothers and sisters from Kenya”, Trudeau said. The PM added that, over the past three years, Canada has granted residency to all Kenyans who were illegally living in Canada and applied to remain. “We granted them and urging everyone to apply. It’s good we document everyone to know how many people we are to cater for” , he said. In a memo sent to the Kenya Embassy in Canada, the Employment and Migration Programme will allow Kenyans wishing to live in Canada to first obtain job before traveling to the country. “The ...

THUGS INVADE NIGERIAN SENATE AND STEAL MACE.

Some protesters on Wednesday invaded the Senate Chambers, disrupted the ongoing proceedings and made away with the mace. The men are reportedly supporters of Senator Ovie Omo-Agege who was suspended last week. They came to the venue with the senator. The mace is the symbol of authority of the parliament. Below is Senate spokesperson Sabi Abdullahi’s statement in reaction to the incident on Wednesday: ------------------------------------------------------------------- *RESPONSE TO TODAY’S INCIDENT IN THE SENATE CHAMBER* Today, some armed hoodlums led by suspended Senator, Ovie Omo-Agege, walked into the Senate plenary and seized the symbol of authority of the Upper Legislative Chamber, the mace. This action is an act of treason, as it is an attempt to overthrow a branch of the Federal Government of Nigeria by force, and it must be treated as such. All security agencies must stand on the side of due process and immediately mobilise their personnel to retrieve the ...

MALARIA VACCINE PROVES HIGHLY EFFECTIVE IN BURKINA FASO.

A vaccine against malaria has been shown to be highly effective in trials in Africa, holding out the real possibility of slashing the death toll of a disease that kills 400,000 mostly small children every year. The vaccine, developed by scientists at the Jenner Institute of Oxford University, showed up to 77% efficacy in a trial of 450 children in Burkina Faso over 12 months. The hunt for a malaria vaccine has been going on the best part of a century. One, the Mosquirix vaccine developed by GlaxoSmithKline, has been through lengthy clinical trials but is only partially effective, preventing 39% of malaria cases and 29% of severe malaria cases among small children in Africa over four years. It is being piloted by the World  Health  Organization in parts of Kenya, Ghana and Malawi. The Oxford vaccine is the first to meet the WHO goal of 75% efficacy against the mosquito-borne parasite disease. Larger trials are now beginning, involving 4,800 children in four countries. Prof ...